Our Sustainability Policies
mebl Transforming Furniture is committed to the responsible use of forest resources, most especially the wood
used in our furniture. We work with our suppliers on an ongoing basis to eliminate wood from unacceptable
sources (as defined below), and to progressively increase the amount of responsible wood – wood from certified and recycled/reclaimed sources – procured over time.
mebl | Transforming Furniture recognizes the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) as an important tool in
promoting responsible forest management. To the limited extent that the furniture makers with whom we work
use virgin wood in our furniture pieces, we have a preference for sourcing from FSC-certified wood furniture
makers, and have a commitment to working with artisans to incorporate FSC-certified or recycled/reclaimed
wood into their pieces to the greatest extent possible.
mebl | Transforming Furniture is firmly committed to avoiding wood from unacceptable sources when
- Illegally harvested or traded timber
- Timber harvested in violation of traditional or civil rights
- Timber harvested from areas in which high conservation values are threatened by poor forest
- Timber harvested from areas being converted from forests to plantations or non-forest use
- Timber from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted
|Year||Recycled/Reclaimed||FSC certified virgin wood||Overall responsible wood sourcing goal|
Through this policy, mebl Transforming Furniture, furthers its commitment to inspire a shift in perspective
towards furniture reimagined from old wood as high-quality, original, keepsake furniture.